Saturday, October 6, 2012

Living with Spanish Tios


After a long and grueling process trying to get settled here, I’ve somehow ended up living in Cádiz with 2 (sometimes 3, sometimes more) fun, wonderful, crazy Spanish dudes this year. Some people judge, some might think I’m crazy to subject myself to this chaos, but this is the second time I’ll have had male roommates and I’ve gotta say for me, es la caña. Here’s a list of reasons why:

·         First and foremost, they are boatloads of fun.

·         No drama. Period.

·         Yeah, they are a bit messier than girls (although I’ve known some pretty messy girls in my time) but when there’s a lady in the house they tend to pick up after themselves more.

·         They kill scary bugs and do the really dirty chores and lift heavy things so I don’t have to.

·         They actually cook better than I do and/or share homecooked treats with me from their Spanish madres.

·         There is a seemingly endless supply of cerveza in the house.

·         They randomly bust out into song and/or dance and/or choruses of “Esa Sarah como mola se merece una olaa!...” and sometimes throw me in the air.

·         They take care of me like the big brothers I never had, constantly making sure that todo esta bien and I have everything I need and am comfortable.

·         As the only lady of the house I’ve managed to score a bedroom with a big old sofa bed, a closet fit for a queen and my own bathroom to hide all of my girly things in.

·         They make me feel really pretty when I actually change out of my cozy pajamas to leave the house.

·         Our piso is the center of fun and everyone and anyone is always welcome.

·         Did I mention they are boatloads of fun?

So I didn’t get my cozy little apartment on the beach with an ocean view terrace – though I am just 2 blocks away and therefore go to the beach on a daily basis. However, I can guarantee that I will be safe and comfortable and in good company here and there will surely never be a dull moment! Eso se llama vivir bien…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment